Sunday 31 May 2015

End of One Chapter

Everyone knows that I'm a little bit crazy. I've been playing role playing games for more than fifteen years. Last weekend I took five of our kids with me to a trip through those years.

Ropecon is the largest non-commercial role play festival in Europe. And it takes place in Finland. Seventeen years it has been in Espoo, Otaniemi. It has been growing and this was the last time when I had a chance to walk around paths which I have learned to love.

Taken from Ropecon-site


My story starts fifteen years ago, I was only fifteen years old, tiny teenager, afraid of anything new. I was so lost in Ropecon with the father of my four oldest kids. It takes many years to get that courage to take active part in that event.

Finally at Ropecon 2005 I found historic dancing and I've been missing it since then.


Through the years we have been sleeping in our car, eating breakfast outside the same location every year. Some of the kids have been there before, some not. Now I had the chance to show them where everything started.

We saw rock-scissors-paper- game which was kids absolute favorite.


I also had the chance to dance, and I enjoyed every second of it.


Meanwhile kids read their books


and ate lots of candy...


When kids seemed tired, I packed them back to the car and drove them home. Later that same night I went back to take part to a dancing ball, very last time at Otaniemi. Slow and sad Waltz (Two to Twirl) showed me every moment of the years gone by. It was like the Yesterday once more, and I have to walk out.


It's the end of one chapter. Next year we will start something new at the new location in Helsinki. Hopefully we will meet there!


No comments:

Post a Comment